Back Injury At Work
A back injury at work claim can be brought against an employer if someone has been injured in the workplace through no fault of their own and as a result of their employer’s negligence.
What should you remember while filing a claim?
- The following are the most important things to remember when filing a claim for a back injury at work:
- It is your employer’s responsibility to keep you safe under UK Health and Safety and Manual Handling ruling.
- You may be able to file a claim if you can show that inadequate training or a lack of workplace safety contributed to your injury.
- If your back injury at work was caused by your employer’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation.
- To file a claim, you have three years from the date of your back injury or diagnosis.
- The amount of compensation you may be able to receive is determined by the severity of your injury, your loss of earnings, and the changes in your lifestyle.
How long do you have to claim for a back injury at work?
You have three years from the date of the accident or three years from the date your injuries were diagnosed by a medical professional to file a claim for a back injury at work.
This rule is not without exceptions. You may have more than three years to file a claim if:
- The injury caused you mentally incapacitated (e.g., brain damage), and you were unable to file a claim within three years.
- Your injury occurred in another country.
- You were under the age of 18 at the time, so you can claim until your 21st birthday.
- Workplace equipment was discovered to be defective, such as through a product recall; in these cases, you can file a claim three years after the equipment was discovered to be defective.
When can I seek compensation for back injury work?
It is your employer’s responsibility, under the Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974, to ensure that your employees are properly trained and that your workplace is safe. You may be able to file a claim if you can show that your employer breached their duty of care and that this breach contributed to your injuries.
How do you choose the best solicitor for a back injury at work claim?
You require the services of a solicitor who will listen to your case when no one else will. Invicta Legal has successfully claimed personal injury compensation for our clients. Even if you’ve been turned down elsewhere, we’ll listen to your story and treat your case with care.